Sarah of Sarah Elizabeth Fibre Works and I are teaming up to bring you an awesome KAL! Do you have a few of those special skeins in your stash? The ones you bought because they’re amazing, but you’re struggling to find the perfect pattern to pair them with? This pattern was designed to showcase exactly those special skeins of yarn.
What You’ll need:
- The pattern! Country Girl (aka You Can’t Take the Country Out of the Girl) by Sarah Devantier of Knit a Bit of Whimsy (that’s me!)
- Yarn! One skein (about 350 yards) of fingering weight yarn
- The pattern was designed using Sarah Elizabeth Fibre Works Easy Ecowash in the Foxes in Snow colorway.
- Needles! A US size 8 (5mm) 32″ (80 cm) circular needles is all you need.
- Gauge isn’t super important to this pattern, but varying gauges will affect the amount of yarn used, and the final size of your cowlette.
- I’m a loose knitter – my gauge is 21 sts and 28 rows in 4″ (10 cm) in stockinette st knit flat before blocking
- Other notions: a tapestry needle for weaving in ends, and 3 stitch markers (1 distinct to indicate the beginning of the round)
Where You’ll Find Us:
- We’ll be live streaming and generally chatting, sharing, and teaching in our shiny new Facebook group: Sarah & Sarah: Modern Makers.
- Sarah Elizabeth (the dyer) and I (Sarah Devantier, the designer) will also be sharing on Instagram, and will be investigating Instagram TV (hopefully we get it working smoothly!)
- Use hashtag #CountryGirlKAL to share your progress
Yes, that’s right, there will be prizes to be won, and glory to be had!
- There will be mini draws for sharing your progress on Nov 12 and Nov 19
- share your progress on Instagram using hashtag #CountryGirlKAL, or in the Facebook group!
- The big grand prize draw will take place Monday, Nov 26. You must complete and post a photo of your cowlette before midnight on Nov 25 to be entered for the draw
- Share on Instagram using hashtag #CountryGirlKAL, or in the Facebook group
Want a preview? Read on for some of the goodies we’ve got!
A pair of Lykke needles in the winner’s choice of size and some wonderful stitch markers in a bottle from Sarah Elizabeth Fibre Works.
Free patterns from me (Sarah of Knit a Bit of Whimsy)
Two free patterns from Ranée Mueller of Arabian Knits Designs. She has a variety of hats and shawls, and even socks and mittens!
Anna Friberg seems to specialize in sock patterns. We have a free pattern for one lucky winner (your choice) – visit Ravelry to see which pattern you would pick!
Carmen of A Simple Homestead creates both knit and crochet patterns, and you can even find some stitch markers and bag handles on her website. Where does she find the time?! One lucky winner will get to choose a free pattern from Carmen’s Ravelry Store,
Devrie Metcalf of Made By Devrie has a wide variety of cute characters to knit, along with many beautiful accessories. She has donated a pattern of the winners choice to our collection of prizes. Learn more about Devrie on Instagram!
Vanessa Harper of Hanging Rock Roost has stunning collection of shawls and other accessories – and one lucky winner will get to choose a free pattern! Check out her Ravelry store for available patterns, but also visit Vanessa’s website where you will find out a little bit more about Vanessa and her Do-it-yourself/Make-it-yourself lifestyle.
Phew! See anything you like? Sign up for our email list to make sure you get ALL the KAL details – we’ll be sending out links to tutorial videos and reminders to post before the deadlines! Visit bit.ly/KBW-CGKAL to sign up!