Here you will find a list of current calls for test knitters. Check back often, as I always have new ideas percolating! Or simply join my Test Knitter email list to be notified when new calls go out!
I am currently looking for testers for a bandana cowl tentatively titled “You Can’t Take the Country Out of the Girl” (it might be shortened to “Country Girl” 😉 )
If you’re interested in testing take a read through the requirements below, then just send me a message to Sarah@KnitaBitofWhimsy.com and tell me about yourself! Don’t forget to leave your social media links (including Ravelry) so I can say hello and see what you’re up to!
- Call for Testers closes October 12, 2018
- Testers chosen and notified by October 15, 2018
- Testers receive around October 17 (the pattern is still being written, but it is an entry in a challenge, so I’ll need a quick test knit this time around!)
- Test knit is due October 26, 2018 with a Nov 2 release date.
- NEEDLES: US size 8 (4 mm) 32″ (80 cm) circular needles.
- YARN: Fingering weight yarn. Approximately 275 m (80 g).
- Sample was knit in Sarah Elizabeth Fibre Works Easy Ecowash “Foxes in Snow” Colorway. This is a 2 ply fingering weight yarn, 379 m/ 415 yards in a 115 g/ 4 oz skein.
- *** If you use the recommended yarn, you automatically get a spot in the testing pool! PLUS, Sarah Elizabeth has generously offered a 15% discount for testers! Please let me know if you will be using this yarn so I can send you the coupon code! ***
- GAUGE: is not critical for this project, though varying gauge will impact your final product.
- 21 sts and 16 rows in the criss-cross stitch pattern
Requirements for testers:
- Test will be run in private Facebook group. You must be able and willing to join group and post updates, questions, and photos there
- Provide a progress update once a week in the testing thread on Facebook.
- Create a Ravelry project page for the test knit.
- Give feedback on the pattern and knitting experience, and if tutorials or extra features would be helpful (super important!).
- Only sign up if you can meet the deadline!
- You will be given a copy of the final pattern via Ravelry upon release.
- You will also receive a coupon code allowing you to download an additional pattern from my Ravelry store once your project is linked to the pattern (once pattern is published). This code won’t expire.
Send your information to Sarah@KnitaBitofWhimsy.com. I’ll be in touch soon!
PS, interested in test knitting, but this isn’t the right time, or the right pattern? Join my Test Knitter’s Email list! You’ll get an email when a new pattern is ready for testing!