Hey everyone, I feel like I’m STILL recovering from Christmas holidays! It’s partly because the kids don’t go back to school until Monday :/ I know I’ve been pretty absent lately, but the good news is because I was spending time with family, and I haven’t been spending as much time on my devices! It’s definitely a step in a good direction, and the break very good for me 🙂 I’m feeling recharged and ready to go!
On that note, I’m so excited about the Knit-a-long (KAL) that I’m collaborating with Morehouse Farm on! I met Erin when she test knit the Barents Hat for me: she was interested in offering the pattern as a kit with her family farm’s yarn, and since I had been admiring the yarn she used to knit her hat, I obviously agreed. Her family’s farm raises Merino sheep, and their yarn looks spectacular (I should have some in my hands later this month, and I’ll be sure to let you know what it’s like!).
The KAL runs from January 12-26. We thought we’d give you two weeks (even though you can knit the hat in a couple of evenings) because I’m entirely tired of deadlines! The goal here is to relax and enjoy the knitting process again; maybe even do some selfish knitting after the Christmas rush!
To participate, you’ll need the pattern. You can either buy it on Ravelry, or pop over to the Morehouse website and get the whole kit delivered to you (right down to the needles, if you need them!) The Barents hat pattern is a fun knit that looks more complicated than it is. It’s simple enough for adventurous beginners, but interesting enough that even experienced knitters will enjoy the process.
Once you’ve got your supplies, come join us in the Ravelry group or the Facebook group! We’re using the Morehouse social media groups for this one – the Facebook group is for fans of Morehouse yarn, and they always have KALs going. They’re a small, supportive group of knitters, perfect if you’d like to brush up on a few techniques. Their KALs are more about learning and community rather than prizes, which makes for lovely, relaxed KALs. The Ravelry group is where we’ll push the prizes a little harder 😉
Oh, did you want to know more about the prizes? We have a few! You can get links and more details about the prizes on the Ravelry Prizes thread!
- I’ll be offering a copy (or 2) of the matching Barents Cowl pattern. The catch is that I’ll be choosing from those in the KAL who have a project page linked to the Barents Hat pattern! (Let me know if you need help with that).
- Digital copy of the Fibre Muse Quarterly: Giver issue from Aroha Knits
- Free pattern from Dana Gervais Designs
- Free pattern from Karen of the Sleepy Dragon Workshop
- A set of stitch markers from Babs of Yarn Academy (she’s in the UK, so we’re still working out the logistics of this one!)
- Free pattern from Pam of Stillwater Designs
- Copy of the Grasker Hat pattern from Magda of Magda Makes
- Free pattern from Amanda of Atlas Knits
- Set of coffee and donut stitch markers from Amanda at Little Bitty Delights.
- Free pattern from Mary of Crafty Tuts
- Erin from Morehouse is also throwing a few goodies in!
So those are the details of the KAL. Do you have any questions? Are you casting on with us? Let me know in the comments below!